Friends of Camp Appanoose
Friends of Camp Appanoose (FOCAS) is a fellowship of persons who enthusiastically support the ministry of Camp Appanoose through prayer, financial generosity, and/or voluntary service. A monthly luncheon or other gathering will provide occasion for building friendship among volunteers and supporters of the camp ministry; and an opportunity to minister to individual; a platform for sharing vision, concerns, needs of the ministry; and an opportunity to minister to individual, personal needs within the greater camp family. FOCAS is the volunteer auxiliary of Camp Appanoose, Inc. and membership will consist of any persons currently active as volunteers or supporters of the ministry.
Monthly meetings will consist of the following:
- A lunch meal served in the camp dining hall, prepared by designated persons. A free will offering will cover costs with any additional amount going to the support of the camp ministry.
- A devotional (10-20 minutes) provided by the Executive Director or other designated person.
- Time of sharing prayer request and prayer.
- A service project appropriate to the skill/abilities of the group.
- An update on needs of the camp and ways in which those needs could be met.